Saturday, December 8, 2012

Priming the camper for painting...looking good!

Been priming the exterior of the camper preparing the shell for the Petit EasyPoxy paint.  Using the Petit EasyPoxy undercoater primer first then will apply Petit EasyPoxy with a roller.  Decided against spraying with air gun and will settle for a roller application.  The close nap roller will leave the 'orange peel' effect which I have no issues with.  I have painted a few other things with this paint and have always been super pleased with the results.  This paint is some really good quality paint. 

The 'orange peel' effect created by the roller hides the imperfections better than a flat paint facing from a spray gun.  Plus, cleanup takes significantly less time as opposed to lengthy cleanup times associated with air paint guns. 

One coat of undercoater primer (white) looks really good. I purchased my Petit EasyPoxy Marine Grade Topside paint from Jamestown Distributors.

 

2 comments:

  1. great job, so far chris thinking of doing the same you have such a great idea by
    using the panels better than aluminium frame wich was what i was gonna use what DOES IT WEIGH SO FAR DOSEN't look heavy at all good inspiration thanks man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million for your feedback and comment. Although I never weighed the unit, I think it was somewhere around 1600-1800 lbs. I installed two air bags on my rear axle and toted that baby all over beautifully. No swaying or any issues.

      Delete

I will approve your comments within a day or so at the latest. Please don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box so you will be notified when I reply to your comments.

Chris