Was able to get the sidewall-to-roof angular panels set today and 5 minute epoxied to the roof. Used the 5 minute epoxy to hold everything in place while I work on getting the corners glassed in. Concept similar to tack welding.
Maintaining the appropriate angles on all four junctures and not readjusting my interior ceiling height in the meanwhile was a bit tricky. Ratchet straps and clamps made this process so much easier.
Placed clamps in appropriate locations and installed a ratchet strap along both the front and rear end of the roof structure which prevented all sorts of headaches...
Of course, severe thunderstorms are in the area tonight after the roof install..."We have had weeks for you to come through here, but you decide to drop in right after I am installing the most fragile element of the camper." Go figure.
These angled panels were having some issues. I have got some problems in this area with the angles not matching. I have no more sheets to fall back on if I were to mess these two pieces up. I do need to tweak these angles a bit which would allow for proper mating.
I filleted the interior of these junctures approximately 2/3 and taped a small section on the top to prevent panels from moving. I will have to inspect more thoroughly tomorrow to determine the manners in which I can repair those angles without removing the top structure.This should be interesting...and more than likely frustrating.
- next morning -
I removed the ratchet straps assuming joint compound applied last night was thoroughly cured. Everything was fine until I attempted to manipulate top into position. Then catastrophe arrived on scene.
- now just awaiting some aerosil and milled fibers to arrive in the mail so I can fill in cracks prior to taping -