Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Received HappiJac System Turnbuckles

I located some HappiJac Stainless Steel Turnbuckles on Craigslist.  I actually found a number of listings but none of those Craigslisters would accommodate by packaging and shipping for some odd reason, no matter how I asked.  I was willing to pay ample amounts for the shipping as a measure to motivate them in that direction.  But, no one was willing. 

Of the listings I found, they had to be shipped because there was no way I was going to drive halfway across the nation for four turnbuckles.

I thought it strange to list items for sale on a world web and national base, yet not be willing to package and ship. 

Anyway, after a continued search for another week and a half, and sending just one more email I was finally able to secure a purchase from a nice gentleman out in Texas.  This guy was extra cool and boxing up the turnbuckles and shipping them was no big issue with him.

HappiJac stainless steel turnbuckles

The hassle I had to go through was well worth the efforts.  I paid $55.00 for these; new ones are at least $127.00.

Message in the bottle - "perseverance" 

HappiJac turnbuckles are specially designed for truck campers.  The front pair (longer barrels) possess a shock absorbing spring inside the cylinder.  The rear pair (shorter tie downs) are called 'stressguard tie downs'.  Not quite sure why they are called that.  I never could derive an answer.

Although I appreciate possessing an intimate knowledge of any systems which I utilize, I rest my anxiety in this one.  The business has been around for over 35 years so they must know something about tie downs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will approve your comments within a day or so at the latest. Please don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box so you will be notified when I reply to your comments.

Chris